user defined time for landscape scrolling of music

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminAron Nelson (programmer, aron nelson) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminAron Nelson (programmer, aron nelson) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bob, can you tell me more on how it works. Yes, that comment was made in 2013. unrealBook mobile has auto scrolling but I haven't put it into unrealBook because nothing makes sense to me unless it's linked to a song or something. If there's a solution that makes sense to me, I can put the feature in.

• Bob Calla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would use this feature most in portrait but also in landscape mode.

Regarding Aron's comment that "Unfortunately PDF cannot do this", one of my performing partners uses a different music reader app that has both native files and supports PDFs. This app can scroll PDFs (note, otherwise Unrealbook is far superior...). It has a field to enter song length (similar to a transmogrify button) and sets scroll speed based on that and the number of pages in the score. If scrolling is activated for a song, his page turner will start and stop the scroll.

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be useful in portrait mode, as I am sure most users run UB in portrait and not landscape. Add portrait mode and it would get my vote. Certainly this is more useful than MIDI file page turning ;)

Dennis

Feedback and Knowledge Base